Difference between revisions of "Meeting59"

From Whitespace (Hackerspace Gent)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Mail of ghent administrative guy)
 
(6 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
 
|Location=Whitespace
 
|Location=Whitespace
 
|Logo=Open-closed-meeting.png
 
|Logo=Open-closed-meeting.png
 +
|Attendees=Jeroen De Dauw, Abe, Impy, Koenraad, Fs111, Sandb, Hans, Joost
 
}}
 
}}
 
{{AgendaPoints
 
{{AgendaPoints
|points=
+
|points=* Affordable membership proposal
* Affordable membership proposal
+
 
* Pamela changes
 
* Pamela changes
 
* [[T-Shirt]] Bikeshedding
 
* [[T-Shirt]] Bikeshedding
 
* Newline in general
 
* Newline in general
 
** eventbrite sign-up for Newline?
 
** eventbrite sign-up for Newline?
 
+
* MPD updates
 +
** new web interface http://audio
 +
** surround
 
}}
 
}}
 
{{Subpages}}
 
{{Subpages}}
 
{{MeetingNotes}}
 
{{MeetingNotes}}
=== MPD ===
+
== Meeting Notes ==
* new web interface http://audio
+
* surround
+
  
=== Affordable membership ===
+
=== Affordable [[membership]] ===
  
 
Proposal:
 
Proposal:
 
+
"If someone wants to be a member but does not have the funds to pay full membership every month, he can check with one or more members about this, to work out an alternative amount. This then has to be presented (by a member, the prospective member or someone else) and accepted on the next meeting. If accepted, the financial guy needs to be informed. The alternative amount should be written on the membership form (lest we not forget when the next financial guy takes over)."
''"If someone wants to be a member but does not have the funds to pay full membership every month, he can check with one or more members about this, to work out an alternative amount. This then has to be presented (by a member, the prospective member or someone else) and accepted on the next meeting. If accepted, the financial guy needs to be informed. The alternative amount should be written on the membership form (lest we not forget when the next financial guy takes over)."''
+
  
 
Also noted:
 
Also noted:
* We need to make sure this is noted on the wiki on the right places ([[Membership]] and [[FAQ]])
+
We need to make sure this is noted on the wiki on the right places (Membership and FAQ)
* Why do we have this on two places on the wiki? Fix!!
+
Why do we have this on two places on the wiki? Fix!!
 +
 
 +
Accepted on the meeting, with one addendum: the actual amount never ends up on the meeting notes or anything else public online (privacy).
 +
 
 +
[[Sandb]] will update the wiki
 +
 
 +
=== [[Pamela]] changes ===
 +
Deployed a new version
 +
Fixes in the 3d engine
 +
Drops the mac specificness -> can now display any data you want
 +
Improved loader script: can take a csv source for translations
 +
Version 1.2
 +
Deployed latest version of KeyValue media wiki extension (v0.17)
 +
See http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:KeyValue
 +
create a page Macs to hold all the old translations
 +
use the [[Template:Mac]] to add a mac-to-name translation
 +
preferred place: on your user page
 +
protect user's home page for changes of different/unregistered users?
 +
 
 +
=== [[T-Shirt]] bikeshedding ===
 +
* step one: get design
 +
* [[fs111]] is going to design but he sucks at designing so bashing time!
 +
* anyone else, please submit design
 +
* not just simply the logo
 +
* we do just t-shirts we think right now, depending on the guy that will order, who does it...
 +
 
 +
=== [[Newline]] ===
 +
* [[Hans]]: talked to decoders, we can use their space
 +
** Be good house father
 +
** Keep drinks outside
 +
** We promised vacuum cleaning
 +
** It's good for workspace room, but not good for presentations
 +
** Drinking vestiaire at the entrance (since no drinks allowed)
 +
* Eventbrite thing
 +
** looks fancy
 +
** lets go with it
 +
* fs111 will check with presenters for more detail on content
 +
* fs111 will do blogposts: http://0x20.posterous.com/newline-update
 +
 
 +
=== Mpd Updates ===
 +
* You can now has audio on http://audio/
 +
 
 +
===  Financials ===
 +
* Koenraad will check for duplicate invoices related to dommel
 +
 
 +
=== [[Gatekeeper]] (very) unreliable ===
 +
* it is unreliably
 +
* we needs to update the system.
 +
* what are possible solutions:
 +
** special interest group gatekeeper: [[Jeroen_De_Dauw]], [[Koenraad]], [[Impy]], [[Koen]] and [[Sandb]]
  
=== Pamela changes ===
+
=== Mail of ghent administrative guy ===
* Deployed a new version
+
* Someone mailed [[Jeroen_De_Dauw]] as "whitespace" representative.
** Fixes in the 3d engine
+
* Jeroen does not know why.
** Drops the mac specificness -> can now display any data you want
+
* Just forward to the mailing list in that case.
** Improved loader script: can take a csv source for translations
+
* Was about Ibbt stuff and digipolis.
** Version 1.2
+
* Deployed latest version of KeyValue media wiki extension (v0.17)
+
** See http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:KeyValue
+
** create a page [[Macs]] to hold all the old translations
+
** use the [[Template:Mac]] to add a mac-to-name translation
+
** preferred place: on your user page
+
** protect user's home page for changes of different/unregistered users?
+

Latest revision as of 10:52, 24 February 2011

Note: this article is about a passed meeting.

Meeting59
Open-closed-meeting.png
From 2011/02/17 19:30:00 to 2011/02/17 23:59:59
Attendees (8):
Jeroen De Dauw, Abe, Impy, Koenraad, Fs111, Sandb, Hans, Joost
Where:
Whitespace Blekerijstraat 75, Gent, Belgium
Loading map...
Cornify


Agenda points

  • Affordable membership proposal
  • Pamela changes
  • T-Shirt Bikeshedding
  • Newline in general
    • eventbrite sign-up for Newline?
  • MPD updates

Subpages

"" has no sub pages.

Meeting notes

Join note taking during the meeting: http://ietherpad.com/0x20

Meeting Notes[edit]

Affordable membership[edit]

Proposal: "If someone wants to be a member but does not have the funds to pay full membership every month, he can check with one or more members about this, to work out an alternative amount. This then has to be presented (by a member, the prospective member or someone else) and accepted on the next meeting. If accepted, the financial guy needs to be informed. The alternative amount should be written on the membership form (lest we not forget when the next financial guy takes over)."

Also noted: We need to make sure this is noted on the wiki on the right places (Membership and FAQ) Why do we have this on two places on the wiki? Fix!!

Accepted on the meeting, with one addendum: the actual amount never ends up on the meeting notes or anything else public online (privacy).

Sandb will update the wiki

Pamela changes[edit]

Deployed a new version Fixes in the 3d engine Drops the mac specificness -> can now display any data you want Improved loader script: can take a csv source for translations Version 1.2 Deployed latest version of KeyValue media wiki extension (v0.17) See http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:KeyValue create a page Macs to hold all the old translations use the Template:Mac to add a mac-to-name translation preferred place: on your user page protect user's home page for changes of different/unregistered users?

T-Shirt bikeshedding[edit]

  • step one: get design
  • fs111 is going to design but he sucks at designing so bashing time!
  • anyone else, please submit design
  • not just simply the logo
  • we do just t-shirts we think right now, depending on the guy that will order, who does it...

Newline[edit]

  • Hans: talked to decoders, we can use their space
    • Be good house father
    • Keep drinks outside
    • We promised vacuum cleaning
    • It's good for workspace room, but not good for presentations
    • Drinking vestiaire at the entrance (since no drinks allowed)
  • Eventbrite thing
    • looks fancy
    • lets go with it
  • fs111 will check with presenters for more detail on content
  • fs111 will do blogposts: http://0x20.posterous.com/newline-update

Mpd Updates[edit]

Financials[edit]

  • Koenraad will check for duplicate invoices related to dommel

Gatekeeper (very) unreliable[edit]

Mail of ghent administrative guy[edit]

  • Someone mailed Jeroen_De_Dauw as "whitespace" representative.
  • Jeroen does not know why.
  • Just forward to the mailing list in that case.
  • Was about Ibbt stuff and digipolis.
Historical data can not be displayed in a Factbox