Difference between revisions of "Meeting55"

From Whitespace (Hackerspace Gent)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Agenda)
(Interview RTBF)
 
(13 intermediate revisions by 6 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
 
{{Meeting
 
{{Meeting
 
|Start date=2011/01/20 19:30:00
 
|Start date=2011/01/20 19:30:00
Line 5: Line 4:
 
|Location=Whitespace
 
|Location=Whitespace
 
|Cost=0
 
|Cost=0
 +
|Attendees=Jeroen De Dauw, Sandb, Hans, Abe, Fs111, Johannes, Impy, Joren, Koenraad, Koen, Tazo
 
}}
 
}}
 
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
 +
 +
* Newline
 +
** define scope: small scope or go bigger?
 +
** posters/flyers
 +
** publicity @ FOSDEM
 
* Kinect project
 
* Kinect project
 +
* Wiki hosting rage by [[Jeroen De Dauw]]
 +
** Own hosting for the 0x20 wiki? Currently hosted *somewhere* (mtr 0x20.be tells me it's in France, hosted at ovh) by HSBXL person (chri, to be precise), few people have access, server behaves rather flaky lately
 +
*** (Some guys from antwerp offer hosting, but this sort of puts us in the same situation)
 +
** [[WeVoidWaranties]] want a new wiki
 +
** What's the deal with a central wiki on hackerspaces.be?
 +
** Question by [[fs111]]: Can you make a proposal for hosting and costs and then we decide on it? Otherwise this can end in an endless discussion...
 +
* Special surprise (think: free stuff,  no ''really'' this time)
  
 
== Meeting ==
 
== Meeting ==
 +
 +
=== Kinect project ===
 +
 +
* Brainstorm on [[Kinect]] project like on Newline
 +
* Just Kinect page
 +
* "Alain Turing 3D"
 +
 +
=== [[Wiki]] hosting ===
 +
 +
* Own hosting for the 0x20 wiki? Currently hosted *somewhere* (mtr 0x20.be tells me it's in France, hosted at ovh) by HSBXL person (chri, to be precise), few people have access, server behaves rather flaky lately
 +
** before: hans'es dreamhost, pretty slow.
 +
** now Kristof Vanderplas, year ago, dedicated server, shared with his blog, fast blog, box only for wiki. we get this for free, thx Kristof!
 +
** access via account, we has some pubkey access if needed, but keep it low on people that have access.
 +
** do we want to be depended on Christophe? Yes!!
 +
** do we have a backup -> No Christophe has superduper backup, but we have no backup we keep here.
 +
** Joren will try that.
 +
** Repay Christophe for all his troubles? Make him a free member of whitespace?
 +
 +
* What's the deal with a central wiki on hackerspaces.be?
 +
** Jeroen wants to setup website to gather all event data from all wiki's
 +
** Will be hosted on Dreamhost
 +
 +
=== Special surprise (think: free stuff,  no ''really'' this time) ===
 +
 +
* Michael said to Hans he has some electronics stuff
 +
* Soo much present, splitting the stuff up by hsbxl and ghent
 +
* What about the closets, we would kinda like, but hey, see if possible
 +
 +
=== Thx for the [[10 Years Wikipedia]] ===
 +
 +
* Was '''awesome!'''
 +
=== Free serial stuff ===
 +
 +
* Box on table, pick what we want, rest to garbage bin
 +
 +
=== Interview RTBF ===
 +
 +
* Available online: [http://www.rtbf.be/video/v_intermedias?id=733773&category=info&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=feed i-Rail interview] (Around min 17)
 +
* On air on RTBF2 on Friday the 21th at 23:00
 +
* Please do media dumping
 +
 +
=== [[Newline]] ===
 +
 +
* Images done: poster + flyer, will be uploaded tonight by sandb
 +
** Qr codes work
 +
* Call for participation has been sent out
 +
** Already some reactions on IRC from Jildo, Aldert, Koen Martens (will do talk), Joren will do talk, Tine is coming
 +
** All hype is appreciated
 +
* We send out invitation in 2 weeks
 +
* Wiki pages are ok
 +
* Place
 +
** We prefer here + overflow room
 +
** We need to check with Landlord first. [[Sandb]] by phone? Koen? Before next week.
 +
** Check with neighbours if possible (after landlord)
 +
** Check with the standup guy? (after landlord)
 +
* [[Newline/Posters|Posters]] printing
 +
** Black and white?
 +
** We'll do a [[Newline/Posters#fundraiser|fundraiser]] for the poster! (Sandb will market)
 +
** 170 euros for 100
 +
** 190 euros for 500
 +
* Food
 +
** We should go more than hamburgers like void warranties?
 +
** We should have a food team
 +
** [[Koen]], [[Impy]] might be willing to do the food team
 +
** What kind of food?
 +
*** Inside or outside?
 +
*** "Cold buffet"?
 +
*** We will think about it.
 +
* Things to think about
 +
** Do we want to have t-shirts for newline?
 +
*** If we want to have t-shirts: order on time, think about the costs
 +
* Challenge/contest for Newline
 +
** No lead in this right now
 +
** Break-in challenge
 +
** 3 tracks or not? (coding, network, electronics)
 +
** we are open for ideas
 +
** non-organising members can definitely participate in contests

Latest revision as of 01:17, 27 January 2011

Note: this article is about a passed meeting.

Meeting55
Open-closed-meeting.png
From 2011/01/20 19:30:00 to 2011/01/20 23:59:59
Attendees (11):
Jeroen De Dauw, Sandb, Hans, Abe, Fs111, Johannes, Impy, Joren, Koenraad, Koen, Tazo
Where:
Whitespace Blekerijstraat 75, Gent, Belgium
Loading map...

Costs 0

Cornify

Agenda[edit]

  • Newline
    • define scope: small scope or go bigger?
    • posters/flyers
    • publicity @ FOSDEM
  • Kinect project
  • Wiki hosting rage by Jeroen De Dauw
    • Own hosting for the 0x20 wiki? Currently hosted *somewhere* (mtr 0x20.be tells me it's in France, hosted at ovh) by HSBXL person (chri, to be precise), few people have access, server behaves rather flaky lately
      • (Some guys from antwerp offer hosting, but this sort of puts us in the same situation)
    • WeVoidWaranties want a new wiki
    • What's the deal with a central wiki on hackerspaces.be?
    • Question by fs111: Can you make a proposal for hosting and costs and then we decide on it? Otherwise this can end in an endless discussion...
  • Special surprise (think: free stuff, no really this time)

Meeting[edit]

Kinect project[edit]

  • Brainstorm on Kinect project like on Newline
  • Just Kinect page
  • "Alain Turing 3D"

Wiki hosting[edit]

  • Own hosting for the 0x20 wiki? Currently hosted *somewhere* (mtr 0x20.be tells me it's in France, hosted at ovh) by HSBXL person (chri, to be precise), few people have access, server behaves rather flaky lately
    • before: hans'es dreamhost, pretty slow.
    • now Kristof Vanderplas, year ago, dedicated server, shared with his blog, fast blog, box only for wiki. we get this for free, thx Kristof!
    • access via account, we has some pubkey access if needed, but keep it low on people that have access.
    • do we want to be depended on Christophe? Yes!!
    • do we have a backup -> No Christophe has superduper backup, but we have no backup we keep here.
    • Joren will try that.
    • Repay Christophe for all his troubles? Make him a free member of whitespace?
  • What's the deal with a central wiki on hackerspaces.be?
    • Jeroen wants to setup website to gather all event data from all wiki's
    • Will be hosted on Dreamhost

Special surprise (think: free stuff, no really this time)[edit]

  • Michael said to Hans he has some electronics stuff
  • Soo much present, splitting the stuff up by hsbxl and ghent
  • What about the closets, we would kinda like, but hey, see if possible

Thx for the 10 Years Wikipedia[edit]

  • Was awesome!

Free serial stuff[edit]

  • Box on table, pick what we want, rest to garbage bin

Interview RTBF[edit]

  • Available online: i-Rail interview (Around min 17)
  • On air on RTBF2 on Friday the 21th at 23:00
  • Please do media dumping

Newline[edit]

  • Images done: poster + flyer, will be uploaded tonight by sandb
    • Qr codes work
  • Call for participation has been sent out
    • Already some reactions on IRC from Jildo, Aldert, Koen Martens (will do talk), Joren will do talk, Tine is coming
    • All hype is appreciated
  • We send out invitation in 2 weeks
  • Wiki pages are ok
  • Place
    • We prefer here + overflow room
    • We need to check with Landlord first. Sandb by phone? Koen? Before next week.
    • Check with neighbours if possible (after landlord)
    • Check with the standup guy? (after landlord)
  • Posters printing
    • Black and white?
    • We'll do a fundraiser for the poster! (Sandb will market)
    • 170 euros for 100
    • 190 euros for 500
  • Food
    • We should go more than hamburgers like void warranties?
    • We should have a food team
    • Koen, Impy might be willing to do the food team
    • What kind of food?
      • Inside or outside?
      • "Cold buffet"?
      • We will think about it.
  • Things to think about
    • Do we want to have t-shirts for newline?
      • If we want to have t-shirts: order on time, think about the costs
  • Challenge/contest for Newline
    • No lead in this right now
    • Break-in challenge
    • 3 tracks or not? (coding, network, electronics)
    • we are open for ideas
    • non-organising members can definitely participate in contests
Historical data can not be displayed in a Factbox