Difference between revisions of "Meeting40"

From Whitespace (Hackerspace Gent)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Agenda)
 
(20 intermediate revisions by 6 users not shown)
Line 4: Line 4:
 
|Location=Whitespace
 
|Location=Whitespace
 
|Cost=0
 
|Cost=0
 +
|Attendees=Jeroen De Dauw, Hans, Koen, Fs111, Sandbender, Abe,
 
}}
 
}}
 +
= Agenda =
  
== Agenda ==
+
* '''Eat more Cheetos!!!'''
 
+
:: I'm already on it --[[User:Jeroen De Dauw|Jeroen De Dauw]] 09:38, 6 October 2010 (CEST)
* document formats on the wiki?
+
* filetypes on the wiki?
::formats?
+
 
* Youssef?
 
* Youssef?
 
* [[Networking talk]] wrapup
 
* [[Networking talk]] wrapup
Line 17: Line 18:
 
::audio installation system hacking
 
::audio installation system hacking
 
* the crate
 
* the crate
* eat more Cheetos
+
* hackerspace business cards
 +
* Yes, you canNOT put open hardware stamps on things I have sanded and varnished
 +
* [[User:Jeroen De Dauw|Jeroen]] will give MW + SMW talk/demo at [[Voidwarranties]]: [http://doodle.com/f3ahq2vkcnh4agqt doodle]
 +
* The Ice Cube experiment
 +
* rental contract
 +
* upcoming [[CleaningCaturday]]
 +
 
 +
notes on: http://ietherpad.com/0x20-techtue
 +
 
 +
= Meeting notes =
 +
 
 +
== filetypes on the wiki ==
 +
* Koenraad wants pdf, because he cannot read odt at work
 +
* Only if you want to
 +
 
 +
== [[networking talk]] wrapup ==
 +
* It was awesome!!
 +
* Setup was great
 +
* Bert: we need wheels under everything (seats, tables) to make switching easier or use gliders
 +
* Or make electronic whiteboard + projector on other side so we are faced correctly
 +
* Will see
 +
 
 +
== kitchen area rearanged ==
 +
* It's the backroom
 +
* We like it
 +
* Carpets were dirty
 +
* Semi permanent worktable added (ubuntu stable desktop, oscilloscope, ...)
 +
 
 +
== Reoccurring infrastructure/small workshop night==
 +
* e.g. audio installation hacking
 +
* branching out to an other night in the week
 +
* sunday night? monday night? tuesday night?
 +
* someone needs to pull
 +
 
 +
* bert will pull for next week sunday (we have [[Cleaning Caturday]] this saterday)
 +
 
 +
* this is somth that needs experimentation
 +
* make it a hacknight like Frhack night in brussels?
 +
 
 +
== The crate ==
 +
* Koen suggest we use one of the big cardboard boxes as [[the crate]]
 +
* Meeting accepts (put the crate in the backroom)
 +
 
 +
== Hackerspace contact card ==
 +
* We call it flyers
 +
* Not with a persons name on it
 +
* Card of the business
 +
* Business card sized flyer
 +
* Koen will make it happen
 +
 
 +
== Yes, you canNOT put open hardware stamps on things I have sanded and varnished ==
 +
* Koens note
 +
* Please be excellent to each other
 +
* Not allowed to stamp the shelve
 +
 
 +
== Jeroen will give MW + SMW talk/demo at [[Voidwarranties]] ==
 +
* Possible dates on the doodle
 +
* Go if you can! And then update [http://doodle.com/f3ahq2vkcnh4agqt the doodle]!!
 +
 
 +
== The Ice cube experiment ==
 +
* We can make an ice cube with the current hardware in two days
 +
 
 +
== Rental contract ==
 +
* Sandb will do better next time
 +
* Koen talked to Nathalie:
 +
** She asked about data about
 +
 
 +
== [[Cleaning caturday]] ==
 +
* Who comes
 +
* We skip it -> because its already clean, and no folks available
 +
 
 +
== Networking sucksor ==
 +
* We are the fr*cking hackerspace we are supposed to have stable wired and wireless networking
 +
* use Soekris
 +
** limited for forwarding, but good cpu and storage
 +
** don't use it as a gate, use for dhcp, dns etc... (squid?)
 +
* use two separte access points for wireless with two separate channels
 +
* use existing router for just NAT as gate
 +
 
 +
== wireless antwerp on belgacom building ==
 +
* probably going to be implemented quite soon
 +
* we are keeping an eye on that!

Latest revision as of 17:22, 8 October 2010

Note: this article is about a passed event.

Meeting40
WhitespaceLogo.gif
From 2010/10/07 19:30:00 to 2010/10/07 23:59:59
Attendees (7):
Jeroen De Dauw, Hans, Koen, Fs111, Sandbender, Abe
Where:
Whitespace Blekerijstraat 75, Gent, Belgium
Loading map...

Costs 0

Cornify

"Unknown" is not in the list of possible values (Meeting, Workshop, Talk, Slacking, Conference, Hacking) for this property.

Agenda[edit]

  • Eat more Cheetos!!!
I'm already on it --Jeroen De Dauw 09:38, 6 October 2010 (CEST)
  • filetypes on the wiki?
  • Youssef?
  • Networking talk wrapup
  • kitchen area rearranged
  • semi permanent worktable
  • reoccurring infrastructure/small workshop night
audio installation system hacking
  • the crate
  • hackerspace business cards
  • Yes, you canNOT put open hardware stamps on things I have sanded and varnished
  • Jeroen will give MW + SMW talk/demo at Voidwarranties: doodle
  • The Ice Cube experiment
  • rental contract
  • upcoming CleaningCaturday

notes on: http://ietherpad.com/0x20-techtue

Meeting notes[edit]

filetypes on the wiki[edit]

  • Koenraad wants pdf, because he cannot read odt at work
  • Only if you want to

networking talk wrapup[edit]

  • It was awesome!!
  • Setup was great
  • Bert: we need wheels under everything (seats, tables) to make switching easier or use gliders
  • Or make electronic whiteboard + projector on other side so we are faced correctly
  • Will see

kitchen area rearanged[edit]

  • It's the backroom
  • We like it
  • Carpets were dirty
  • Semi permanent worktable added (ubuntu stable desktop, oscilloscope, ...)

Reoccurring infrastructure/small workshop night[edit]

  • e.g. audio installation hacking
  • branching out to an other night in the week
  • sunday night? monday night? tuesday night?
  • someone needs to pull
  • this is somth that needs experimentation
  • make it a hacknight like Frhack night in brussels?

The crate[edit]

  • Koen suggest we use one of the big cardboard boxes as the crate
  • Meeting accepts (put the crate in the backroom)

Hackerspace contact card[edit]

  • We call it flyers
  • Not with a persons name on it
  • Card of the business
  • Business card sized flyer
  • Koen will make it happen

Yes, you canNOT put open hardware stamps on things I have sanded and varnished[edit]

  • Koens note
  • Please be excellent to each other
  • Not allowed to stamp the shelve

Jeroen will give MW + SMW talk/demo at Voidwarranties[edit]

  • Possible dates on the doodle
  • Go if you can! And then update the doodle!!

The Ice cube experiment[edit]

  • We can make an ice cube with the current hardware in two days

Rental contract[edit]

  • Sandb will do better next time
  • Koen talked to Nathalie:
    • She asked about data about

Cleaning caturday[edit]

  • Who comes
  • We skip it -> because its already clean, and no folks available

Networking sucksor[edit]

  • We are the fr*cking hackerspace we are supposed to have stable wired and wireless networking
  • use Soekris
    • limited for forwarding, but good cpu and storage
    • don't use it as a gate, use for dhcp, dns etc... (squid?)
  • use two separte access points for wireless with two separate channels
  • use existing router for just NAT as gate

wireless antwerp on belgacom building[edit]

  • probably going to be implemented quite soon
  • we are keeping an eye on that!
Historical data can not be displayed in a Factbox