Difference between revisions of "Meeting17"
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
= Agenda =
= Agenda =
Revision as of 22:26, 29 April 2010
|From 2010/04/29 19:30:00 to 2010/04/29 23:59:59|
|Jeroen De Dauw, Fs111, Hans, Abe, Sandbender|
Blekerijstraat 75, Gent, Belgium
Shopping 4 Electronics
- Kris: Selection of a "low-cost general purpose microcontroller kit" (Arduino based???) [who leads this? can you make a project page?]
--> the kit should contain the minimal components needed for future (Whitespace) projects --> the kit should let you start easily with your next project --> 3 steps procedure: 1) Whitespace buys all the components for a couple of kits at once 2) You can buy a low-cost kit from Whitespace 3) Have fun building your next project
- we want to make a page/app/something where people that are planning to buy electronics
- once enough is on there to drop shipping charges, we order, and gain €€€
- assign someone to be responsible for 3 months for the financials
- that person gets clean books
- that person returns clean books
- we build shared knowledge about doing the books
- we have a checkpoint every 3 months on our book keeping
- no one has to do all the work
- no single point of failure
- People can volunteer
- If no one volunteers, someone is voted; any one is a candidate in that case.
- People can only be elected once a year, unless they volunteer.
- We make one page on the wiki users that contains the list of members; there email; their real name and their adress; (if they so wish to share it).
- We need to assign the users that are member to a members-group.
- Sandb & _Ptr are driving, not this but next weekend.
- Bringing back 80 cases
- Will try for 20 cases for 0x20.
- Cool idea (from Koen): have a video cam that is setup to make a movie of every presentation we do, and put the setup so that it is very asy to capture, compress, upload to youtube and link to it on the site.
Dorkbot minus Dorkbot
We want to host regular evenings similar to Dorkbot, where people show projects they are involved with (open source and similar) and give them a platform to present. This will give people a platform, make 0x20 more known and will just be a lot of fun. We do not want to pull people away from dorkbot, we want to be the technical side of things. fs111 will govern the idea, but everybody is invited to find people willing to present.
- Date: Sunday 16th may
- Contents: Python introduction
- If you come: please sign up on the doodle: http://www.doodle.com/mzhdmdpg8t5q55ig
- See also: SnakesInASpace
- Status on Ubuntu Release party, within 2 weeks, any preps required? (try to ask Mike)