Difference between revisions of "Meeting134"

From Whitespace (Hackerspace Gent)
Jump to: navigation, search
m
 
(8 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 7: Line 7:
 
|Cost=0
 
|Cost=0
 
|Logo=WhitespaceLogo.gif
 
|Logo=WhitespaceLogo.gif
|Presenters=Mimor,
+
|Attendees=Mimor, Jeroen De Dauw,  
 
}}
 
}}
 
== General ==
 
== General ==
Starting time: 19:30
+
Starting time: 19:30 - ish :D
  
 
==Newline==
 
==Newline==
Line 26: Line 26:
  
 
==Space control & electricity==
 
==Space control & electricity==
Status?
+
Status?<br>
 
-> crack the whip and reboot the space control project
 
-> crack the whip and reboot the space control project
  
 
==splitflaps==
 
==splitflaps==
report on the failboat
+
not a failboat after all
 +
 
 +
==small things to do==
 +
sticker status<br>
 +
make printer operational again (probably total reset)<br>
 +
buy printer paper<br>
 +
check what PC's in back room still work<br>
 +
throw out old/broken pc's<br>
 +
buy drinks/snacks/...
  
 
==new location?==
 
==new location?==
 
We can always look out for a better space location. Current location has drawbacks and is fairly expensive. Finding anything better is not easy, however.
 
We can always look out for a better space location. Current location has drawbacks and is fairly expensive. Finding anything better is not easy, however.
 +
 +
=Meeting Notes=
 +
 +
==Wiki/website==
 +
Jeroen wants access to the hosting.
 +
Oh look, Jeroen just got access.
 +
Hooray for Jeroen!!
 +
And Jeej for Hans for providing hosting!
 +
Even better: Jeroen updated the wiki just now.
 +
Again, Hooray for Jeroen!
 +
 +
==Newline==
 +
 +
===When===
 +
28-29-30 march
 +
 +
===Posters===
 +
* We (still) have posters.
 +
* Hans made patches (pdf), gave them to Thys.
 +
* Thys will have them printed tomorrow (and cut)
 +
* Bert will be at space tomorrow afternoon to help cut/stick patches to the posters.
 +
* Posters needs to be at Fosdem, someone take them
 +
 +
===CFP===
 +
* headhunt @ Fosdem
 +
* CFP mail has been sent to HSG Mailinglist
 +
 +
===Propaganda===
 +
* Bert will do social media stuff
 +
* Talk to your peers!
 +
 +
===Rooms===
 +
* Erik checked -> there might be 2 rooms. Landlady wil only be able to tell us 1 week in advance :(
 +
* Ask MaisonRouge for rooms
 +
* Print paper and hang it outside, and ask people if we can use their room the 29th.
 +
 +
===Food===
 +
* Food -> Els will make muffins. Pancakes, Spaghetti
 +
* Prices: Make them higher, but still low. aka fair and profitable.
 +
 +
===Call For Help===
 +
We need people that feel like helping out with:
 +
* Merchendising - Do we want to bother print T-shirts? What'll be the profit?
 +
* We want someone to design a new logo.
 +
 +
===Sponsoring===
 +
We accept sponsoring, but do not allow items to be put on the website.
 +
Sponsors do sponsor the event, not the space!
 +
Possible sponsors
 +
* ycombinator
 +
* iminds
 +
* your employee?
 +
 +
===Where Do I put stuff I did====
 +
* The wiki: http://www.0x20.be/Newline_2014_organisation
 +
 +
==Finance==
 +
 +
===Card===
 +
* Bank forgot have a paper signed.
 +
* As a result the bank card is blocked.
 +
* Paper needs to be signed
 +
* People do not respond on emails
 +
* Thys will get paper from the bank, and have people sign it at the space so people do not need to get time to go to bank.
 +
 +
===Status===
 +
* Koen & bert get new statusreport on next meeting
 +
 +
==Members==
 +
* No new ones :(
 +
 +
==Insulation==
 +
* KILL THE FUCKING FIRE when you leave!!!!!
 +
* Thys: needs big heavy curtains as insulations (divide the space).
 +
 +
==Space control & electricity==
 +
* We need to contact person to verify/certify power at space
 +
* There is a thingy 'spacecontrol' people need to finish & document it.
 +
 +
==Flipflaps==
 +
* History repeats itself, Thys is going to finish this :)
 +
* WE HAVE A PROJECT MANAGER! - Bert! The flipflaps-manager
 +
 +
==Food & drinks==
 +
* chips
 +
* Snickers
 +
* twix
 +
* mars
 +
* m&m's
 +
* whatever
 +
* Jupiler (Lots of it)
 +
* Duvel
 +
* Coke
 +
* Ice tea
 +
*whatever
 +
* printerpaper
 +
Mike will go to the collruyt
 +
 +
Hans will provide ClubMate, he needs car.
 +
weekend after fosdem.
 +
 +
==New location==
 +
* voices go up (again) to look for an alternative to this space, and go rent another one.
 +
* Feel free to propose a better space.
 +
* Pointless of talking about this without an alternative
 +
 +
==Varia==
 +
 +
===Internet===
 +
Why we have Dommel?
 +
* used to be cheap,
 +
* unlimited download
 +
* There was no telenet possible at the time
 +
* fixed IP
 +
 +
Cons:
 +
* SLOW AS FUCK
 +
* Expensive. (50-ish)
 +
 +
We need to install a real router able to provide the needs of this network.
 +
 +
===Painting of the space===
 +
 +
Hooray for Els !
 +
 +
===Stickers===
 +
* Stickers are finished , hans will get them
 +
 +
===Hardware===
 +
* one printer needs fixing, prolly resetting it
 +
* Space needs to be cleaned
 +
* Test all the stuf in the back and throw away broken things - thys
 
{{Subpages}}
 
{{Subpages}}
 
{{EventImages}}
 
{{EventImages}}

Latest revision as of 02:55, 31 January 2014

Note: this article is about a passed event.

Meeting134
WhitespaceLogo.gif
On 2014/01/30
Attendees (3):
Mimor, Jeroen De Dauw
Where:
Whitespace Blekerijstraat 75, Gent, Belgium
Loading map...

Costs 0

Cornify

«Meeting, mostly about Newline»

General[edit]

Starting time: 19:30 - ish :D

Newline[edit]

Status? Tasks to distribute?

Finances[edit]

Status?

Members[edit]

New members to allow?

Insulation & energy[edit]

Did we find free stuff?

Space control & electricity[edit]

Status?
-> crack the whip and reboot the space control project

splitflaps[edit]

not a failboat after all

small things to do[edit]

sticker status
make printer operational again (probably total reset)
buy printer paper
check what PC's in back room still work
throw out old/broken pc's
buy drinks/snacks/...

new location?[edit]

We can always look out for a better space location. Current location has drawbacks and is fairly expensive. Finding anything better is not easy, however.

Meeting Notes[edit]

Wiki/website[edit]

Jeroen wants access to the hosting. Oh look, Jeroen just got access. Hooray for Jeroen!! And Jeej for Hans for providing hosting! Even better: Jeroen updated the wiki just now. Again, Hooray for Jeroen!

Newline[edit]

When[edit]

28-29-30 march

Posters[edit]

* We (still) have posters.
* Hans made patches (pdf), gave them to Thys.
* Thys will have them printed tomorrow (and cut)
* Bert will be at space tomorrow afternoon to help cut/stick patches to the posters.
* Posters needs to be at Fosdem, someone take them

CFP[edit]

* headhunt @ Fosdem
* CFP mail has been sent to HSG Mailinglist

Propaganda[edit]

* Bert will do social media stuff
* Talk to your peers!

Rooms[edit]

* Erik checked -> there might be 2 rooms. Landlady wil only be able to tell us 1 week in advance :(
* Ask MaisonRouge for rooms
* Print paper and hang it outside, and ask people if we can use their room the 29th.

Food[edit]

* Food -> Els will make muffins. Pancakes, Spaghetti
* Prices: Make them higher, but still low. aka fair and profitable.

Call For Help[edit]

We need people that feel like helping out with:

* Merchendising - Do we want to bother print T-shirts? What'll be the profit?
* We want someone to design a new logo.

Sponsoring[edit]

We accept sponsoring, but do not allow items to be put on the website. Sponsors do sponsor the event, not the space! Possible sponsors

* ycombinator
* iminds
* your employee?

Where Do I put stuff I did=[edit]

* The wiki: http://www.0x20.be/Newline_2014_organisation

Finance[edit]

Card[edit]

* Bank forgot have a paper signed.
* As a result the bank card is blocked.
* Paper needs to be signed
* People do not respond on emails
* Thys will get paper from the bank, and have people sign it at the space so people do not need to get time to go to bank.

Status[edit]

* Koen & bert get new statusreport on next meeting

Members[edit]

* No new ones :(

Insulation[edit]

* KILL THE FUCKING FIRE when you leave!!!!!
* Thys: needs big heavy curtains as insulations (divide the space).

Space control & electricity[edit]

* We need to contact person to verify/certify power at space
* There is a thingy 'spacecontrol' people need to finish & document it.

Flipflaps[edit]

* History repeats itself, Thys is going to finish this :)
* WE HAVE A PROJECT MANAGER! - Bert! The flipflaps-manager

Food & drinks[edit]

* chips
* Snickers
* twix
* mars
* m&m's
* whatever
* Jupiler (Lots of it)
* Duvel
* Coke
* Ice tea
*whatever
* printerpaper

Mike will go to the collruyt

Hans will provide ClubMate, he needs car. weekend after fosdem.

New location[edit]

* voices go up (again) to look for an alternative to this space, and go rent another one.
* Feel free to propose a better space.
* Pointless of talking about this without an alternative

Varia[edit]

Internet[edit]

Why we have Dommel?

* used to be cheap,
* unlimited download
* There was no telenet possible at the time
* fixed IP
Cons:
* SLOW AS FUCK
* Expensive. (50-ish)

We need to install a real router able to provide the needs of this network.

Painting of the space[edit]

Hooray for Els !

Stickers[edit]

* Stickers are finished , hans will get them

Hardware[edit]

* one printer needs fixing, prolly resetting it
* Space needs to be cleaned
* Test all the stuf in the back and throw away broken things - thys

Subpages

"" has no sub pages.


Historical data can not be displayed in a Factbox