Gatekeeper is a Python script that opens a gate when calling to +32493604143. It only opens the gate for whitelisted numbers. The hardware used:
- A beagle board with a Debian based distro on, kindly donated by Bert.
- A remote controller for the gate connected to the beagle board. The pinout on the beagleboard towards the remote:
- Pin 28: black
- Pin 24: white
- Pin 1 (bottom): red
- A Huawei e220 GSM modem with a SIM card to perform caller ID. It is connected with the board using USB-serial.
Connecting to the BeagleBoard
The beagle board runs a debian based distro so it can be used as a general purpose server. If you want to do something with it ask for a login and sudo rights. Connecting with the board is possible using ssh. Internally it has 192.168.0.250 as IP address. Externally you can connect using "ssh whitespace.endofinternet.net -p 2222"
Ideas, Feedback and Comments
Add your own!
- We can make the door opening for all people on Thursday, and only for members on the others...? @Joren: Is this pythonable?
- Something like that has been implemented: adding an empty line with * to the whitelist puts the script in public mode. In public mode everyone is allowed to open the gate when calling +32493604143. Removing the line with the wildcard puts the script in private mode, then only whitelisted members can open the gate.
- We can sound a alarm when people try to open the door but are not allowed.