| From 2010/04/11 13:30:00 to 2010/04/11 23:59:59
Blekerijstraat 75, Gent, Belgium
«Let's open the door by using overcomplicated solutions.»"Unknown" is not in the list of possible values (Meeting, Workshop, Talk, Slacking, Conference, Hacking) for this property.
You are outside, you have a key for the door of the space but no fancy-schmansy garage port opener.
Expected outcome: the door opens.
stuff that happened
- A huawei dongle that catches incoming numbers with a python script (see Joren's blogpost)
- Research on the build of the remote, conclusion: "not that simple", result : get a relay over the buttons powered by arduino via a transistor.
- Made schematics for arduino
- An asterisk server that also fetches phonecalls but probably won't be used in this project.
Discussion in the end gave us some idea on architecture:
- Beagle board running linux (B)
- Usb hub (B?)
- one utp cable running from space to appt in front.
- one remote we can hack
- server running in the space
- Random electronics (including an arduino)
- Be able to open door by using wifi
- Be able to open door via the interwebs
- Be able to open the door with your cell phone.
- If possible: not necessary to leave a pentium running all the time (power)
- Main chip : XE34AB / NICE FRO1
(can't seem to google it... maybe bad eyes)
- The small 8-pin DIP labelled "93LC46" is a 1K EEPROM manufactured by Microchip. (datasheet)
- NEC 2701 is a lowpass filter (datasheet)