| From 2010/04/11 13:30:00 to 2010/04/11 23:59:59
Blekerijstraat 75, Gent, Belgium
«Let's open the door by using overcomplicated solutions.»"Unknown" is not in the list of possible values (Meeting, Workshop, Talk, Slacking, Conference, Hacking) for this property.
Notepad : http://www.ietherpad.com/doorhacking
You are outside, you have a key for the door of the space but no fancy-schmansy garage port opener.
Expected outcome: the door opens.
stuff that happened
- A huawei dongle that catches incoming numbers with a python script (see Joren's blogpost)
- Research on the build of the remote, conclusion: "not that simple", result : get a relay over the buttons powered by arduino.
- Made schematics for arduino
- An asterisk server that also fetches phonecalls but probably won't be used in this project.
Discussion in the end gave us some idea on architecture:
- Beagle board running linux
- Usb hub
- one utp cable running from space to appt in front.
- one remote we can hack
- server running in the space
- Random electronics (including an arduino)
- Be able to open door by using wifi
- Be able to open door via the interwebs
- Be able to open the door with your cell phone.
- If possible: not necessary to leave a pentium running all the time (power)
- Main chip : XE34AB / NICE FRO1
(can't seem to google it... maybe bad eyes)
- The small 8-pin DIP labelled "93LC46" is a 1K EEPROM manufactured by Microchip. (datasheet)
- NEC 2701 is a lowpass filter (datasheet)